Our Favorite Shopping Spots in Nashville
Posted on March 26 2019
We love a great shopping experience and supporting some of Nashville’s best artisans and local shops. Jewelry is our sweet spot but we also love to shop till we drop for vintage, shoes and clothing! We’ve included great finds here as well as some fun shopping “experiences” that will put you near a cute coffee shop, fun dining spots, and great areas to experience in the Nashville area.
Enjoy our top ten list in no particular order. Grab a girlfriend for a little “treat yourself” encouragement and make a date to try at least one of our favorites:
(click on any italicized text for links to shops and products)
1) Gardens of Babylon - We love shopping in a greenhouse! This one has a great mix of exotic plants, cool planters, and household decor. The variety of size and plants is unbeatable and the Gardens of Babylon employees are so wonderfully helpful so don’t worry about what shade of green your thumb is:) Located in the Nashville Farmers Market, make an afternoon of it and grab lunch at one of the food stalls. We’re partial to the Indian and wood-fired pizza stalls but there’s something for everyone.
2) Wilder - Located in Germantown, Wilder is an artistic mix of home furnishings and everything in between. Unique home goods small and large, you can be confident that any purchase you make at Wilder will be one-of-a-kind and sure to get a “wow cool!” from any houseguest.
3) Whites Mercantile - Owner Holly Williams has a great eye for the perfect gift. Holly is also a Seraphine client and embodies all that is Nashville. With locations in Leiper’s Fork, Franklin, and Nashville this is a “must shop” in our book!
4) Moda - Located in an old craftsman on one of Nashville's best streets to shop - 12th South, Moda is a Nashville favorite. Owner Meredith Fortune has long-standing relationships with social influencers and music stars who routinely shop here for wardrobe staples. She knows trends and Seraphine pieces can be found amongst a chic collection of clothes and accessories. (see below)
5) Black Shag Vintage - Vintage concert tees and the coolest leather jackets around. There’s only one word for Black Shag Vintage: badass. The nostalgia will bring you in and you’ll come out with a truly one of a kind find.
6) The Perfect Pair- Soooo many great shoes and all reasonably priced - we love this store on Hillsboro Road. You’ll get great service and a great pair we promise.
7) The Arcade - The cutest childrens store located in another great walking neighborhood for shopping - Hillsboro Village. You’ll find the cutest shower gifts and you’ll be racking your brain “Who’s kid can I buy this for?” with the adorable clothes and tiny shoes.
8) Nashville Flea Market - from rugs and antiques to gemstones and plants, the Nashville Flea market is always an adventure. Give yourself a few hours and a “get your steps in” by wandering the stalls and get inspired by the new and old.
9) Emmaline - The picturesque main street of downtown Franklin is worth the 20 minute drive for any out of town shoppers. Don't miss one of our favorite clothing boutiques with everything from Ceri Hoover purses to the latest in Seraphine jewelry.
10) The Shoppes at Fatherland - Cute, walkable shopping center in East Nashville featuring lots of tiny shops filled with creatives selling handmade local goods. Need to ditch the dudes? They can sit down and grab a bite to eat or drink while you peruse our favorite clothing boutique BBMS (Black by Maria Silver) - a Seraphine friend and winner of Nashville's Fashion Forward Fund 2018.
There you have it. A good variety of shopping for a potential visitor to Nashville, a girls day out, or a little retail therapy. We hope that you’ll send this on to anyone that needs to know the latest and greatest trendy shopping spots in the area and please feel free to add your favorites in the comment section below.
As always, thanks for reading and sharing on social media! Happy April:)
Brooke and Keaton