It's Not a Summer Splurge - it's Self-Care and You're Worth It
Posted on May 13 2019
We’re calling a timeout on stress, summer planning, and work! In this post we urge you to take care of beautiful YOU. As women sometimes we find doing special things for ourselves as indulgent. Well not today. As a mom, partner, daughter, friend, sister - you deserve a fresh start and a cute pair of Seraphine earrings ;)
Here are a few great ways for self-care, inspiration, or a chance to just stop and regain your center:
- Facial from Poppy and Monroe One of our favorite places to get away from it all is this salon in Nashville's historic Germantown that focuses on organic skin care. Their classic dermaplane with peel is an instant brightener for skin that's sick of winter. Instead of thinking of facials as treat, think of them as a necessity. Aging skin, sun damage, and skin health is important to your overall well-being. Furthermore, if you don’t care for your skin now - when will you?
- Juice Cleanse Feeling like you could use a little help getting ready for swimsuit season? Us too:) The 3 day cleanse from Urban Juice leaves us feeling slimmer quick and gets rid of any bloating. If you’re nervous to try a juice cleanse in fear of starving - don’t worry. You will be drinking all day! Just ask anyone at The Urban Juicer for help - they will guide you all the way through it we swear.
- Peasant Dresses from Amazon - Who loves a good deal? Us. Keaton and I have both just stocked up on these inexpensive (under $30!) dresses that are so pretty for colorful spring days and light enough to keep you cool all summer long.
- Picnic at the Nashville Zoo - Sometimes you just need a little Vitamin D and picnic to hit the reset button. The Nashville Zoo has just been through a renovation and is arguably one of the best spots in Nashville to spend some quality time with the fam. My kids love the new veterinary center and tiger exhibits. I love the jungle feel of the bamboo trails.
- Snuggle Up with a Good Book -Maybe close out social media and read a book. We recommend “Educated” in non-fiction - a great read about a girl who overcomes the odds and crazy parents. Fiction: “Where the Crawdad’s Sing” - a beautifully told story of a girl you’ll fall in love with. A little romance and suspense and an ending that will leave you speechless. There’s something so rewarding about finishing a book.
- Practice Quiet - Take 5 minutes out of your day to sit in silence (maybe with a cup of coffee) and connect with your thoughts. Stress and “to-do” lists wear on your health and happiness. Release some of that toxicity and just breathe. You don’t have to know what you’re doing!
- Podcasts - A little brain fuel is great for new perspective and inspiration. Our favorite: “How I Built This” on NPR. Learn how big brands like Lulu Lemon, Panera, Clif Bars and more started their companies and how they were able to achieve success. Each story is interesting and completely unique.
- Do a kind deed for someone - This could be donating to a worthy cause in someone’s honor, writing a note of appreciation to a stranger, or sending your friend or family a “just because” gift to show your love and appreciation. Expressing gratitude is one of the best ways to live a full life and so often we forget to show the ones closest to us just how much we care.
- Treat Yourself - We are partial to a little jewelry splurge ;) Our new Snake Climber Earring (<- linked here) is now available online and we can attest to the compliments that you’ll receive in these handmade earrings- they come in sterling silver, vermeil (14k gold plated silver), or solid 14k gold. Sometimes buying a new jewelry staple is just what you need to elevate the outfits already in your closet.
We hope that you stop and smell the roses - and maybe even buy yourself a bouquet of tulips just because. Self-care is so important and when we fill our own buckets we are better able to care for those around us.
You have our permission to renew and refresh this summer - you deserve it!
What are your favorite ways to get a little rest and relaxation? Tell us in the comments or on our social channels @seraphinedesign.
As always - thanks for reading.
Brooke and Keaton